October 7, 2008

quatre raisons . . .

. . . for me to learn French.
  1. Un. So I can watch cool French films The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and those by Jean-Luc Godard without subtitles.

  2. Duex. So I can listen to the music of Francoise Hardy (because CDs don't come with subtitles).

  3. Trois. So I can order food at chic bistros and brasseries without wondering about my pronunciation.

  4. Quatre. So I can channel French fashion muses like garance doré, le blog de Betty, and model Clémence Poésy (okay, so I don't need to speak the language to do this, but it still would be cool . . . )
Is there something you've wanted to do for a long time, but never had? Tell me what it is, and come up with reasons why (maybe you'll talk yourself into it)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learning French is on my wish list. I've also wanted to travel Europe for as long as I can remember. But unfortunately I have money and time working against me at the moment. And oddly enough, I've always wanted to study martial arts.


(This is aranelonline who used to post on Livejournal by the way. I saw that you had started a new blog and I've been following it, so I thought I'd say hi. I went through the same thing as you, interests changed, I stopped posting at livejournal and started a new blog when I started a new phase of my life.)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I don't know French either, but other than that I am a total francophile--so I sympathize. I do adore so many French films, but I also really enjoy listening to music in a language I can't understand.